In accordance with article 13 of D.Lgs. n. 196/03 "Personal data protection Code" (below "Code") this legislation explains what cookies are and describes the various types of cookies on the internet site www.italgasstorage.it (below the "site"). Cookies are small text files that the sites visited by the user send and register on his computer or mobile system, and send again to the same website when it is visited again.
Thanks to cookies, the site reminds the user of his preferences and actions
(like for example login data, selected language, font size, other display
settings, and so on) so that they cannot be specified once more when the
user goes back to visit the site or surfs from one page to another. So,
cookies are used to perform computer authentication, monitor the sessions
and memorize information concerning the activities of the users who log on
to a website and can also include a unique tracking number (code) which
allows to keep a track of the user's web surfing on the same website for
statistical and advertising purposes. While surfing on a website, the
user can also receive on his computer or mobile system cookies of websites
or web servers that are different from the ones he's visiting (so-called
"third party cookies"). Some operations can be accomplished without the use
of cookies, that in some cases are technically necessary for the website operation.
There are different types of cookies, according to their characteristics and functions, and they can remain in the user's computer or mobile system for different lengths of time: so-called session cookies, which are automatically canceled when the browser is closed; so-called persistent cookies, which persist on the user's device up to a predetermined expiration.
- "analytics cookies" where directly used by the supervisor of the website to gather information, in aggregate form, about the number of users and how often they visit the same website;
- "session or surfing cookies" (to authenticate oneself, to make a purchase and so on);
- "functionality cookies" which allow the user to surf depending on a series of selected criteria (for example: the language, the products selected for the purchase) with purpose to improve the service given to him.
Instead for profiling cookies, namely those intended to create profiles concerning the user and used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same in the web surfing sphere, a user's prior consent is required.
In particular, the site uses:
- Technical cookies, that is surfing or session cookies strictly necessary for the website operation or to allow the user to enjoy the contents and services he requires.
- Analytics cookies, which help to understand how the website is used by consumers. These cookies do not gather information about the user's identity, neither any personal data. Information is treated in an aggregate and nameless form.
In detail, the cookies that are on the website are as follows:
|Cookie name||Description||Cookie type||Expiring period||Source and owner||Type of information recorded||Use case||Who has access to information|
|cookieTracer||Limits the view of cookie notification banner to the first only access.||technical||1 year||www.italgasstorage.it||yes||All the website||Ital Gas Storage S.p.A.|
|_ga, _gat||It allows to analyze the use of the site, by the user, to improve contents and services.||analytics||2 year||Google Analytics||navigation data, such as pages visited, IP address, user source.||Tutto il sito||Google Inc. For information about Google Analytics cookie click here. For information about managing your privacy by Google Inc click here.|
More information and details about different types of cookies, the mode of operation and features are available on the website, independent of Ital Gas Storage S.p.A. and with open access, www.AllAboutCookies.org.